Australian couple shares leap year birthday
MCLAREN VALE, Australia (KGO) -- It's taken 80 years, but an Australian couple can finally celebrate their 20th birthdays Wednesday.
Bill and Doll Sheridan are both leap year babies. They were both born on February 29, 1932. They found each other in their hometown of Liverpool, living just streets apart.
"We've been together like that every day from the beginning and we haven't changed," Doll Sheridan said. "Two peas in a pod," her husband, Bill, added.
The earth travels around the sun every 365 and a quarter days, which is why we end up with an extra day every four years.
That means the Sheridans will have to wait another four years to turn 21. With good health, it's a milestone they hope to share.
- Fatal crash blocks lanes of I-580 in Livermore 47 min ago
- Antioch man arrested after wild, high-speed chase
- Record streak continues for Winter Spare the Air Alerts
- Consumer Reports puts AA batteries to the test
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART, unions
- San Jose fire crews battle one-alarm house fire
- 32 students participating in 'shop with a cop' event
- NYC college student dies during fraternity ritual 39 min ago
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- Vallejo police ID two most recent homicide victims 25 min ago
- OTRC: Golden Globes 2014: Full list of nominations
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- roundup: Copper wiring theft; "Shop With a Cop" 4 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos