Texas city controller lays himself off
KELLER, Texas (KGO) -- Budgets are tight in cities nationwide, and oftentimes that means someone has to get laid off.
That's what's happening in Keller, Texas near Dallas, where the city manager is laying himself off. Dan O'Leary says the city doesn't really need him and could find something better to do with his $176,000 a year salary.
Keller, 57, has three city administrators and a population of just 40,000 people. He says this is not retirement and he won't be getting severance.
layoff, economy, watercooler
- 1 dead, 2 injured in Redwood City boating accident
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire
- Consumer Reports tests toothbrushes 5 min ago
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Two injured in accident on Almaden Expressway 34 min ago
- Possible explosive prompts evacuations in Solvang
- Firetruck rams California eatery; 15 injured
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Angels beat A's 5-4 on Iannetta's HR in 12th
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Hammer beating; SF "420" crackdown
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos