Texas city controller lays himself off
KELLER, Texas (KGO) -- Budgets are tight in cities nationwide, and oftentimes that means someone has to get laid off.
That's what's happening in Keller, Texas near Dallas, where the city manager is laying himself off. Dan O'Leary says the city doesn't really need him and could find something better to do with his $176,000 a year salary.
Keller, 57, has three city administrators and a population of just 40,000 people. He says this is not retirement and he won't be getting severance.
layoff, economy, watercooler
- Injunction filed to keep Jahi McMath on life support 28 min ago
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Garbage truck fatally strikes man in Tenderloin
- Female victim shot near Lake Merritt Friday morning 7 min ago
- Car crashes into San Jose home this morning
- SFFD battle 1-alarm blaze near the Panhandle
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal
- VIRAL VIDEO: Oscars® Trailer: Ellen...
- abcnews: Dancing doctor gets tickets to Beyonce show
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: CPUC fines PG&E; Homeless memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Injunction filed to keep Jahi McMath on...
28 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos