Girl makes prom dress out of 18,000 candy wrappers
A teenager in Michigan has put together a truly sweet prom dress. Diane McNease made her dress out of Starburst candy wrappers.
It took about 18,000 wrappers to make the corset of her dress, as well as matching hair bands and a purse. Classmates helped her collect them all. It took about five months to make.
She says she came up with the idea when she saw a friend folding some wrappers.
It was a big hit at her prom this past weekend.
fashion, food, watercooler
- Crews fix broken water main in SF's Lower Haight 27 min ago
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- Wounded police officer back in surgery
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond 25 min ago
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers 7 min ago
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on Force rashes
- 5-year-old boy, babysitter struck by car in crosswalk
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
24 min ago