Girl makes prom dress out of 18,000 candy wrappers
A teenager in Michigan has put together a truly sweet prom dress. Diane McNease made her dress out of Starburst candy wrappers.
It took about 18,000 wrappers to make the corset of her dress, as well as matching hair bands and a purse. Classmates helped her collect them all. It took about five months to make.
She says she came up with the idea when she saw a friend folding some wrappers.
It was a big hit at her prom this past weekend.
fashion, food, watercooler
- President Obama renews calls for nuclear reductions
- BART police chief bringing auditor to assess reforms 36 min ago
- Fairfield grass fire spreads to nearby motel
- Tenderloin apartment building roof fire extinguished
- Tesla Model S recall for rear seat latch issue 27 min ago
- Interest rates for subsidized loans may double July 1
- Workers face charges after sit-in at AT&T Park 31 min ago
- Medical association recognizes obesity as a disease 38 min ago
- Police enforcing pedestrian safety in San Mateo Co. 14 min ago
- 6-year-old boy killed by dog in Union City
- Miami Heat force Game 7 in NBA Finals
- abcnews: $73,000 'Most Spectacular' dog vacation
- roundup: Fairfield grass fire; SJ baseball suit
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday