Girl makes prom dress out of 18,000 candy wrappers
A teenager in Michigan has put together a truly sweet prom dress. Diane McNease made her dress out of Starburst candy wrappers.
It took about 18,000 wrappers to make the corset of her dress, as well as matching hair bands and a purse. Classmates helped her collect them all. It took about five months to make.
She says she came up with the idea when she saw a friend folding some wrappers.
It was a big hit at her prom this past weekend.
fashion, food, watercooler
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Man arrested in deadly fight at Antioch bowling alley
- US holiday travelers brace for foul, wet weather
- Vault fire in SF's Mission District now under control
- Neighbors: Nevada gunman had botched vasectomy 23 min ago
- Two injured in shooting near San Jose State University
- Ex-49er Harris sentenced in boyfriend's beating
- Massage therapist faces sexual battery charges
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Photos: FAN PHOTOS: Farewell Candlestick
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos