Rare pink diamond going up for auction
A rare pink diamond is expected to fetch up to $12 million when it goes up for auction at the end of the month.
The big sparkler was put on display Tuesday at Christie's Auction House in Hong Kong. It weighs in at a little more than 12 carats.
Christie's says it is the first time a diamond of this color and cut has been sold at auction. A similar sized clear diamond could sell for nearly $3 million.
- SF firefighters continue to monitor 5-alarm fire 10 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos