Manhattan apartment sells for $90 million
NEW YORK (KGO) -- An elite Manhattan apartment has become the second-most expensive home in the U.S.
An unnamed buyer has bought a two-story penthouse in midtown Manhattan's 157 building for $90 million.
The unit is nearly 11,000 square feet and features 23-foot ceilings, panoramic views of the city, rosewood floors and Italian marble.
The most expensive home in the U.S. is in Los Altos Hills. Last year a Russian investor paid $100 million for a 25,000-square foot mansion.
housing market, real estate, watercooler
- Only On 7: In-depth look into the life of drug dealers
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash 25 min ago
- Police interview potential victims of Livermore golf pro
- Budget approved but no peace: Boehner raps right
- VIRAL VIDEO: Teen sings 'Blue Christmas'...
- Arrests made in "thrill kill" of 7-11 clerk in Milpitas
- Startup sells insurance based on how much you drive
- Tracking the flu -- there's an app for that!
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART, unions 47 min ago
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Friday 14 min ago
- roundup: High-speed chase; Vallejo homicides
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
16 min ago
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART,...
47 min ago