Manhattan apartment sells for $90 million
NEW YORK (KGO) -- An elite Manhattan apartment has become the second-most expensive home in the U.S.
An unnamed buyer has bought a two-story penthouse in midtown Manhattan's 157 building for $90 million.
The unit is nearly 11,000 square feet and features 23-foot ceilings, panoramic views of the city, rosewood floors and Italian marble.
The most expensive home in the U.S. is in Los Altos Hills. Last year a Russian investor paid $100 million for a 25,000-square foot mansion.
housing market, real estate, watercooler
- Several aftershocks felt after 5.7 quake in Greenville
- Bay Area man arrested in Czech murders case
- New details released in police officers' murders
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- BART board votes to relax rush hour bike ban
- Man exposes himself outside of hospital in SF 12 min ago
- Magnitude 8.2 earthquake hits Russia's Far East
- New info released about robbery in Santa Rosa
- Caltrans shows fix for broken Bay Bridge bolts
- LA Kings beat SJ Sharks in Game 5
- Oakland's real estate market heats up
- abcnews: New bill would allow pets on Amtrak
- roundup: Bicyclist killed in SF; Body in canal ID'd
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday