Fugitive penguin captured after 2 months on the run
After two months on the loose, a fugitive penguin has finally been captured in Japan and returned to Tokyo Aquarium.
Cameras spotted the 15-month old Humboldt penguin around Tokyo. It went missing on March 4. Aquarium staffers were able to corral it Thursday in what they described as a very slow, deliberate process.
They wheeled it out Friday for a "penguin perp walk." The bird is in good shape, except for some damaged feathers from too much swimming and a case of conjunctivitis. The penguin will be quarantined for a week.
- Security heightened at 2013 Bay to Breakers in SF 19 min ago
- Tejay van Garderen wins Tour of California
- Two Powerball tickets in Calif. have 5 of 6 numbers
- NFL set to vote if Bay Area will host Super Bowl
- Man falls from building during Bay to Breakers party 44 min ago
- Fremont roadway closed after car strikes utility pole
- Emergency officials monitor Wichita-area tornado
- Nicasio lifts Rockies to 5-0 win over Giants
- Cespedes homer helps A's complete sweep of Royals
- 2 men arrested in killing teen over iPad in Las Vegas
- Girl killed, parents hurt by shots fired into home
- abcnews: SEAL auctions bin Laden raid knife
- roundup: Fairfield shooting; Redwood City fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- Security heightened at 2013 Bay to Breakers...
19 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos