90-year-old Missouri woman goes skydiving
A 90-year-old Missouri woman is proving it's never too late to try something new and daring.
Rosebud Gard says she's always wanted to try skydiving. She's been crossing things off her bucket list for the past 20 years.
And, at 90 years old, she finally got to the end of her list. On Saturday, she jumped out of an airplane as family and friends watched from the ground.
"I wanted to go on a hot air balloon; I got to do that on my 70th birthday," Gard said. "I wanted to go on a cruise, that was my second thing. I wanted to parasail and I did that in '95. I'm really rather excited, I'm not scared a bit."
Gard says just because she's done with her bucket list, doesn't mean she'll stop looking for adventure.
- Bicyclist killed in accident with garbage truck in SF 18 min ago
- Obama to address drones, Gitmo in security speech
- Thunderstorms slow Oklahoma tornado cleanup 34 min ago
- Man impaled, killed by pipe through windshield
- Man escapes early morning house fire in Pinole
- Work to begin to replace bolts on new Bay Bridge
- SamTrans bus hits low hanging wire in San Mateo
- San Jose firefighters control 1-alarm house fire
- 'Attractive & Fat' campaign slams Abercrombie & Fitch
- Results of Consumer Reports test of sunscreens 49 min ago
- Man makes firearm using 3-D printer
- abcnews: Top 10 highest-paid CEOs
- roundup: Crissy Field art; Richmond shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos