Snake attacks baby in crib
A baby in Illinois is recovering after being attacked by a snake in his crib.
One-year-old William Winans is oblivious to what happened, but his parents aren't. His father heard him crying last Monday night and when he reached into William's crib, he ended up grabbing a two-foot python that had bitten the baby's foot.
It turned out the snake had escaped from the apartment next door.
Its owner has been cited.
William, and the snake, are just fine.
animal, children, watercooler
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday 52 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
49 min ago