New York woman makes business out of snuggling
A New York woman is hoping her new business becomes the next niche industry -- snuggling.
Snuggling, cuddling, whatever you call it, 29-year-old Jackie Samuel charges $60 an hour to do it. She's made it clear her business, "The Snuggery," is not about sex, but about relaxation and physical comfort.
She's also working without a license, but that's only because there isn't one.
"I thought, I need to kind of validate my position," Samuel said. "I need some kind of certification or license to show I'm a qualified cuddler, but I couldn't find anybody else who was doing what I was doing so I decided to just start."
Studies do show cuddling reduces stress and blood pressure.
- Man hit by tour bus on 7th, Mission streets in SF
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation
- SF burger joint open nearly 50 years about to close
- Cause of Mountain View house fire investigated
- High surf advisory issued for Bay Area beaches
- Tyler, the Creator plays sold-out show after jail
- Tax payment scam cost Belmont woman $3,000
- Person stabbed during fight at SF's Dolores Park 22 min ago
- Campaign to save dog in Arizona mauling case 34 min ago
- Two killed by suspected DUI driver in in Santa Rosa 19 min ago
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in...
10 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos