New York woman makes business out of snuggling
A New York woman is hoping her new business becomes the next niche industry -- snuggling.
Snuggling, cuddling, whatever you call it, 29-year-old Jackie Samuel charges $60 an hour to do it. She's made it clear her business, "The Snuggery," is not about sex, but about relaxation and physical comfort.
She's also working without a license, but that's only because there isn't one.
"I thought, I need to kind of validate my position," Samuel said. "I need some kind of certification or license to show I'm a qualified cuddler, but I couldn't find anybody else who was doing what I was doing so I decided to just start."
Studies do show cuddling reduces stress and blood pressure.
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead' 28 min ago
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Report says bullying of American-Islamic kids on rise
- 1 dead, dozens hurt in California bus crashes
- Elderly woman punched in SF purse snatching
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- 7 On Your Side looks into Lyft's donation policy 34 min ago
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- 7 On Your Side looks into Lyft's donation...
34 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos