New York woman makes business out of snuggling
A New York woman is hoping her new business becomes the next niche industry -- snuggling.
Snuggling, cuddling, whatever you call it, 29-year-old Jackie Samuel charges $60 an hour to do it. She's made it clear her business, "The Snuggery," is not about sex, but about relaxation and physical comfort.
She's also working without a license, but that's only because there isn't one.
"I thought, I need to kind of validate my position," Samuel said. "I need some kind of certification or license to show I'm a qualified cuddler, but I couldn't find anybody else who was doing what I was doing so I decided to just start."
Studies do show cuddling reduces stress and blood pressure.
- Damage reported after 5.7 quake in Greenville
- I-5 bridge collapse raises Bay Area safety questions
- Bay Area man arrested for killing relatives abroad
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Millions to hit the roads this Memorial Day weekend
- Rare Apple computer could fetch $640k at auction
- New info released about robbery in Santa Rosa
- Teen remembered 19 years after unsolved murder
- Clayton resident ID'd as bicyclist killed in SF
- Top 10 items found during 2012 coastal cleanup
- Get Free Stuff: Coffee; Shampoo
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO scolded by 9-year-old
- roundup: Unsolved murder vigil; Oakland shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday 23 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
24 min ago