Women run annual wedding gown race in Serbia
BELGRADE, Serbia (KGO) -- You want your wedding gown comfortable enough to dance in, but to run in?
Women in Serbia took part in an annual race Monday wearing their wedding gowns. No, they weren't runaway brides. The ladies dashed narly 500 feet in the streets of Belgrade. The popular summer race is a short distance, but trying to run in that heavy fabric makes it feel a lot longer.
Both married and unmarried woman can participate. The top three finishers are awarded prizes such as a free trip.
- Security heightened at 2013 Bay to Breakers in SF
- Report: Corrosion a problem on new Bay Bridge
- NFL set to vote if Bay Area will host Super Bowl
- Tejay van Garderen wins Tour of California
- Woman suspected of starting brush fire arrested
- Man falls from building during Bay to Breakers party
- Tornado levels homes in Oklahoma City trailer park
- 2 men arrested in killing teen over iPad in Las Vegas
- Girl killed, parents hurt by shots fired into home
- Startups use Netflix rental model for clothing, jewelry
- Apps help protect your smartphone from snoops
- abcnews: SEAL auctions bin Laden raid knife
- roundup: Fairfield shooting; Redwood City fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos