Women run annual wedding gown race in Serbia
BELGRADE, Serbia (KGO) -- You want your wedding gown comfortable enough to dance in, but to run in?
Women in Serbia took part in an annual race Monday wearing their wedding gowns. No, they weren't runaway brides. The ladies dashed narly 500 feet in the streets of Belgrade. The popular summer race is a short distance, but trying to run in that heavy fabric makes it feel a lot longer.
Both married and unmarried woman can participate. The top three finishers are awarded prizes such as a free trip.
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Man arrested in deadly fight at Antioch bowling alley
- St. Anthony's holds annual Curbside Donation Drive
- Two injured in shooting near San Jose State University
- Ex-49er Harris sentenced in boyfriend's beating
- Massage therapist faces sexual battery charges 14 min ago
- Mother, toddler endure violent home invasion robbery
- Pope Francis visits Rome children's hospital 59 min ago
- Photos: FAN PHOTOS: Farewell Candlestick 34 min ago
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday