Women run annual wedding gown race in Serbia
BELGRADE, Serbia (KGO) -- You want your wedding gown comfortable enough to dance in, but to run in?
Women in Serbia took part in an annual race Monday wearing their wedding gowns. No, they weren't runaway brides. The ladies dashed narly 500 feet in the streets of Belgrade. The popular summer race is a short distance, but trying to run in that heavy fabric makes it feel a lot longer.
Both married and unmarried woman can participate. The top three finishers are awarded prizes such as a free trip.
- Mudslide causes trees on power lines in Piedmont
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Consumer Reports cracks which eggs to buy
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Sonoma County fire burns garage and cars
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Man found fatally shot in Concord
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: Berkeley fire estimate; Mount Tam body