Zookeepers in China could set record for biggest pedicure
CHINA (KGO) -- Some zookeepers in China could be setting a record for the world's biggest pedicure. It's being given to the elephant at the Hongshan Forest Zoo in Eastern China.
Elephant's toenails wear down quickly in the wild but in the zoo, they grow too long and could become infected. The workers use a tag-team technique. One distracts the elephant with apples while the other cleans and files the nails.
In case you're wondering, the nail file is almost two-feet long.
animal, world record, watercooler
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- Wounded police officer back in surgery
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on Force rashes 44 min ago
- 5-year-old boy, babysitter struck by car in crosswalk 41 min ago
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on...
44 min ago