Zookeepers in China could set record for biggest pedicure
CHINA (KGO) -- Some zookeepers in China could be setting a record for the world's biggest pedicure. It's being given to the elephant at the Hongshan Forest Zoo in Eastern China.
Elephant's toenails wear down quickly in the wild but in the zoo, they grow too long and could become infected. The workers use a tag-team technique. One distracts the elephant with apples while the other cleans and files the nails.
In case you're wondering, the nail file is almost two-feet long.
animal, world record, watercooler
- Medical examiner: 24 dead in Oklahoma tornado
- Apple's Cook faces Senate questions on taxes
- Firefighters save Vallejo man in apartment fire
- Man goes missing after Bay to Breakers race
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma City area
- UC hospitals say patients safe despite strike 38 min ago
- More than 100 gas grills put to the test 10 min ago
- Man dies after fall during Bay to Breakers party
- Norman Wielsch sentenced to 14 years in prison
- 4-alarm grass fire burns 8 acres in Orinda
- Victims hope to get money back from lending scheme
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- roundup: Orinda fire; Obama coming to Bay Area
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday