Man and aging dog get worldwide attention
A man and his aging dog are getting worldwide attention after a picture of them floating in Lake Superior went viral on the Internet.
John Unger and his adopted dog Schoep have been pals for 18 years, but time is catching up. The shepherd mix has lost his sight and suffers from arthritis, so man and best friend make regular trips into the shallows of Lake Superior, where the water offers some temporary relief.
Since the image of Unger and Schoep hit the Internet, people from around the world have offered to pay for the dog's medication and treatment.
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Man arrested in deadly fight at Antioch bowling alley
- US holiday travelers brace for foul, wet weather 30 min ago
- Vault fire in SF's Mission District now under control
- Two injured in shooting near San Jose State University
- St. Anthony's holds annual Curbside Donation Drive
- Ex-49er Harris sentenced in boyfriend's beating
- Massage therapist faces sexual battery charges
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Photos: FAN PHOTOS: Farewell Candlestick
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday