Man and aging dog get worldwide attention
A man and his aging dog are getting worldwide attention after a picture of them floating in Lake Superior went viral on the Internet.
John Unger and his adopted dog Schoep have been pals for 18 years, but time is catching up. The shepherd mix has lost his sight and suffers from arthritis, so man and best friend make regular trips into the shallows of Lake Superior, where the water offers some temporary relief.
Since the image of Unger and Schoep hit the Internet, people from around the world have offered to pay for the dog's medication and treatment.
- Police investigating shooting in Richmond 21 min ago
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- Hydrants painted to mark contributions to 1906 fires
- 6 Nepalese guides dead, 9 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Student with Down syndrome accepted to college
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed