Man and aging dog get worldwide attention
A man and his aging dog are getting worldwide attention after a picture of them floating in Lake Superior went viral on the Internet.
John Unger and his adopted dog Schoep have been pals for 18 years, but time is catching up. The shepherd mix has lost his sight and suffers from arthritis, so man and best friend make regular trips into the shallows of Lake Superior, where the water offers some temporary relief.
Since the image of Unger and Schoep hit the Internet, people from around the world have offered to pay for the dog's medication and treatment.
- Statewide AMBER Alert issued for abducted LA kids 12 min ago
- Woman found dead in Castro Valley home was shot
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- Man fatally stuck by Caltrain near Atherton station
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Man gets 110 years to life for Hayward teen's murder
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Paul Stanley: Kiss miffed at Rock Hall over snub
- Brentwood students facing charges for sexting scandal
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos