Family dog devours $300 from owner's purse
FLORIDA (KGO) -- Arnie, a 10-year-old beagle from Florida, is in the dog house for devouring $300 in cold hard cash.
While the pup's owners slept peacefully in their bed, Arnie was apparently cruising the house for a midnight treat. He discovered the money in a purse and went to work. According to owner Corey O'Kelley, Arnie chewed through the bills, only leaving $25, "She came flying out of the bedroom saying oh no, oh no, it looks like he systematically tore every single bill apart and swallowed it," O'Kelley said.
The family had been saving money for their daughter's swim lessons.
And it turns out this isn't Arnie's first offense. His owners say he did the same thing about seven years ago when he chowed down on a hundred bucks. That time, though, they say it came out in one piece.
- 3 detained following chase in SF officer shooting
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday 56 min ago
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case
- Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
54 min ago
- Object spotted may be part of missing...
1 min ago