Family dog devours $300 from owner's purse
FLORIDA (KGO) -- Arnie, a 10-year-old beagle from Florida, is in the dog house for devouring $300 in cold hard cash.
While the pup's owners slept peacefully in their bed, Arnie was apparently cruising the house for a midnight treat. He discovered the money in a purse and went to work. According to owner Corey O'Kelley, Arnie chewed through the bills, only leaving $25, "She came flying out of the bedroom saying oh no, oh no, it looks like he systematically tore every single bill apart and swallowed it," O'Kelley said.
The family had been saving money for their daughter's swim lessons.
And it turns out this isn't Arnie's first offense. His owners say he did the same thing about seven years ago when he chowed down on a hundred bucks. That time, though, they say it came out in one piece.
- SJ store owner get $1M for selling winning ticket
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- SFPD search underway for suspects in ATM heist
- Food bank hands out hundreds of hams to families 27 min ago
- Wonder Girl to take on Vallejo after Batkid saved SF
- Weather to help crews battling Big Sur blaze
- Results of Consumer Reports car reliability survey
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: OPD gets new SUVs; Big Sur fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Food bank hands out hundreds of hams to...
27 min ago