Man celebrates 70th birthday by skydiving 70 times
MICHIGAN (KGO) -- A Michigan man marked his 70th birthday by jumping out of plane. But, he didn't do it just once. To celebrate his big day, Larry Ekstrom jumped 70 times.
Ekstrom's been skydiving for 46 years. Ten years ago he rang in his 60th by skydiving, you guessed it, 60 times. He said he plans to continue the trend and push himself for as long as possible.
To top it off, Ekstrom jumped for a good cause. He raised money for a charity that provides trained dogs for the blind.
- Fairfield teen speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Man critically hurt after being hit by tour bus in SF
- Female pedestrian fatally struck in Concord
- Two lanes of WB I-80 in SF blocked due to accident 24 min ago
- Marijuana grow found at San Jose house fire
- 2 killed by suspected DUI driver in Santa Rosa ID'd
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos