Man celebrates 70th birthday by skydiving 70 times
MICHIGAN (KGO) -- A Michigan man marked his 70th birthday by jumping out of plane. But, he didn't do it just once. To celebrate his big day, Larry Ekstrom jumped 70 times.
Ekstrom's been skydiving for 46 years. Ten years ago he rang in his 60th by skydiving, you guessed it, 60 times. He said he plans to continue the trend and push himself for as long as possible.
To top it off, Ekstrom jumped for a good cause. He raised money for a charity that provides trained dogs for the blind.
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday