Popinator popcorn machine turns out to be hoax
It turns out the Popinator, an automatic popcorn device that's taken the internet by storm, is a hoax.
"The Popinator is a fully automated voice activated popcorn launching machine that is triggered by the word pop," said an electronic engineer for Thinkmodo.
However that's not really true. It's all just a guerilla marketing campaign for a popcorn company.
The co-founders of Thinkmodo dreamed up the gadget which actually fires popcorn not by voice command, but remote control. Catching the kernels required repeated takes for the video.
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in wife's death 57 min ago
- Memorial bench to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar 6 min ago
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- Dad accused of biting infant's nose to be arraigned
- Man fatally stuck by Caltrain near Atherton station
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Man gets 110 years to life for Hayward teen's murder
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Over $7,000 raised for police dog battling cancer
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Paul Stanley: Kiss miffed at Rock Hall over snub
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in...
57 min ago
- Statewide AMBER Alert issued for abducted...
38 min ago
- Police visit homes of missing jetliner's...
30 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos