"French Spiderman" climbs steel tower
CHINA (KGO) -- The man known as the "French Spiderman" reached new heights Saturday in China.
50-year old daredevil climber Alain Robert successfully climbed the world's highest steel tower in China. It took him two hours to scale up to a platform 879 feet above the ground.Robert is famous for climbing the world's tallest skyscrapers with no safety equipment except for a small bag of chalk, two giant suction cups, and climbing shoes. He's climbed more than 70 giant structures around the globe.
- Protesters vacate CCSF building, head to city hall
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Bay Bridge bike path temporarily closed for work 13 min ago
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers
- Manhunt on for Bay Area ATM robber
- Outkast, The Cure to headline BottleRock in Napa
- Quiznos files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection
- Group says GM airbag failures caused 303 deaths 6 min ago
- Bay Area kids look to strike gold on ABC's 'Shark Tank' 25 min ago
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Uber insurance policy; BottleRock lineup
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday 18 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
14 min ago
- Search for lost jet expands amid signs it...
48 min ago
- Bay Bridge bike path temporarily closed for...
13 min ago
- Bay Area kids look to strike gold on ABC's...
25 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos