Women get fuller look with eyebrow transplants
Hair transplants are moving from the top of the head and the hairline to the eyebrow.
The bushy eyebrow look of Hollywood celebrities and fashion models is making some women with thin brows wish for a thicker look.
Eyebrow transplants have been around for a while. Doctors have used hairs from a woman's head, but the look didn't seem natural. A new process lets them use hair from a woman's arms, legs or nape of the neck where body hair is thinner.
Doctors say it makes for a nicer look above the eye.
"It much more resembles the natural eyebrow," Dr. Sansusi Umar said.
Surgeons must transplant each hair individually. The whole process takes about 2.5 half hours.
cosmetic surgery, fashion, celebrity, watercooler
- Occupy the Farm protesters returning to Albany land
- Two men shot, killed on I-880 in Oakland ID'd
- Cyclists converge in Livermore for Amgen Tour of CA
- Free dental care offered at SJ Convention Center
- Plan to cut down trees in East Bay Hills under review 19 min ago
- Missing 3-year-old Hayward boy found
- Photos released of suspect in violent SJ carjacking
- Police say realignment may be cause of crime spike
- Newark police investigate officer-involved shooting
- San Jose man arrested for alleged road rage attack
- Miami Heat player surprises student at prom 45 min ago
- abcnews: Men Struggle With Wives' Breast Cancer
- roundup: America's Cup race; Murder charges
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday