2012's most unusual excuses for missing work
Calling in sick to work when you're not really sick has moved beyond a fake sniffle or a weak cough or two.
Careerbuilder.com compiled a list of the most outrageous excuses for calling in sick as part of a larger survey about sick days.
2012's most unusual excuses for missing work:
- "My sobriety tool wouldn't allow the car to start.""
- "I forgot I had been hired for the job."
- "My dog was having a nervous breakdown."
- "My dead grandmother was being exhumed for a police investigation."
- "My toe was stuck in a faucet."
- "A bird bit me."
- "I was upset after watching 'The Hunger Games.'"
- "I got sick from reading too much."
- "I was suffering from a broken heart."
- "My hair turned orange from dying my hair at home."
- Two dead after apartment building fire in SF
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station
- Teen girl found in Berkeley says she was kidnapped
- Local teen gets Bryan Cranston's help in promposal
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Woman struck by cab in downtown San Francisco
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- Florida school board member wants parent dress code
- SF leaders to announce plan to deal with "420" events
- Woman attempting run from San Francisco to New York
- California home prices surge in March; sales fall 47 min ago
- VIRAL VIDEO: "World's toughest job" interview
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos