2012's most unusual excuses for missing work
Calling in sick to work when you're not really sick has moved beyond a fake sniffle or a weak cough or two.
Careerbuilder.com compiled a list of the most outrageous excuses for calling in sick as part of a larger survey about sick days.
2012's most unusual excuses for missing work:
- "My sobriety tool wouldn't allow the car to start.""
- "I forgot I had been hired for the job."
- "My dog was having a nervous breakdown."
- "My dead grandmother was being exhumed for a police investigation."
- "My toe was stuck in a faucet."
- "A bird bit me."
- "I was upset after watching 'The Hunger Games.'"
- "I got sick from reading too much."
- "I was suffering from a broken heart."
- "My hair turned orange from dying my hair at home."
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Fire that injured 2 under investigation in SJ
- Lockdown lifted at Monterey Peninsula College 22 min ago
- Blind man survives getting run over by train
- Water pours from top of San Francisco high-rise
- Danville teen killed in Highway 24 crash identified 51 min ago
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- Lonely Michigan boy gets surprise party on GMA
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire 56 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday