Group attempts meatloaf world record
EL CERRITO, Calif. (KGO) -- A mixture of men and meat may have led to a world record in El Cerrito.
A group of cooks and alternative philanthropists who go by the name of "Burning Loaf" attempted to break a Guinness World Record for the world's largest meatloaf Saturday afternoon.In order to win the title, their attempt needed to be at least 220 pounds of meat, eggs, and oniony goodness. During the cook-off on Saturday, the group's meatloaf started out at 262 pounds and cooked down to about 230.
"Burning Loaf" plans on sending documentation of their attempt into Guinness and will hopefully be awarded a world record in a few weeks.
el cerrito, world record, food, watercooler
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal 57 min ago
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday