Group attempts meatloaf world record
EL CERRITO, Calif. (KGO) -- A mixture of men and meat may have led to a world record in El Cerrito.
A group of cooks and alternative philanthropists who go by the name of "Burning Loaf" attempted to break a Guinness World Record for the world's largest meatloaf Saturday afternoon.In order to win the title, their attempt needed to be at least 220 pounds of meat, eggs, and oniony goodness. During the cook-off on Saturday, the group's meatloaf started out at 262 pounds and cooked down to about 230.
"Burning Loaf" plans on sending documentation of their attempt into Guinness and will hopefully be awarded a world record in a few weeks.
el cerrito, world record, food, watercooler
- Collapse feared at site of massive Mission Bay fire
- 7 people dead in New York gas explosion 4 min ago
- Navy's new warship will travel to SF for Fleet Week
- Report: Chinese site may show plane debris images
- SF policeinvestigating shooting in the Outer Mission 9 min ago
- Parents rally after assaults at elementary schools
- Santa Cruz police arrest suspect in sexual assault
- Recall issued for Fitbit Force over skin problems
- Man accused of shooting SF police officer facing assault charges
- No fault in how Children's Hospital handled gir's surgeries
- Family's plea helps get dying boy experimental drug
- Florida police give 'ticket' to 2-year-old driver
- roundup: Fatal motorcycle accident; Watsonville...
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos