Doctor: Mustache transplants on the rise
PARIS (KGO) -- A thick mustache is seen as a sign of virility and maturity in the Middle East. And according to some plastic surgeons, it's also big business.
A Paris-based doctor says he's been performing an increasing number of mustache transplants over the past few years. He says most of his patients are from Middle Eastern countries.
The procedure involves taking hair from other parts of the body and implanting them on the face.
A surgeon in Turkey says he does 50 to 60 transplants a month on medical tourists.
The procedure costs about $7,000.
middle east, plastic surgery, watercooler
- Asiana crash victim was run over twice
- Memorial takes place in SF to honor Mandela
- Man shot by deputy may be "Cotton Ball Bandit" 53 min ago
- Four-alarm warehouse fire in Concord investigated
- Huy Fong Foods halting Sriracha sauce shipments
- Facebook to join S&P 500
- Amazon grocery delivery rolls into San Francisco
- Volkswagen to end production of iconic 'Kombi' vans 28 min ago
- Supermodel Gisele's breastfeeding pic stirs debate
- wls: Baby girl found dead in car seat in Chicago
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Rollover crash victim; Vallejo homicide
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday 38 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
19 min ago
- Man shot by deputy may be "Cotton Ball...
53 min ago