Mayan calendar ends, world doesn't
December 21st has arrived. And, the world hasn't ended.
On Friday morning, hundreds of people converged on an ancient Mayan site to witness doomsday, just in case it happened.
The ancient Mayan calendar ends December 21, leading some to believe the world would end, but some Mayan experts say the fact that we are all still here proves that the calendar doesn't mark an ending, but a new beginning.
- Malaysia says jet's disappearance was deliberate
- Woman found dead in Castro Valley home was shot
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future 18 min ago
- CCSF protestors make voices heard at City Hall
- Man fatally stuck by Caltrain near Atherton station 46 min ago
- Investigators finally getting look at Mission Bay fire
- Police arrest woman in connection with shooting
- Crews control one-alarm house fire in Antioch
- I-TEAM: Small park, big problems
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: AltCar Expo; Motorcyclist killed
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos