Mayan calendar ends, world doesn't
December 21st has arrived. And, the world hasn't ended.
On Friday morning, hundreds of people converged on an ancient Mayan site to witness doomsday, just in case it happened.
The ancient Mayan calendar ends December 21, leading some to believe the world would end, but some Mayan experts say the fact that we are all still here proves that the calendar doesn't mark an ending, but a new beginning.
- Man killed after metal pipe flies into car on I-580 23 min ago
- Obama to visit tornado-ravaged Oklahoma town 29 min ago
- Passenger vehicles face surprise inspections at SFO 24 min ago
- Deputies monitoring PG&E substation in San Jose 7 min ago
- UK official: London attack could be terror-related
- FBI: Man fatally shot in Boston bombing probe
- IRS official Lois Lerner: I did nothing wrong 16 min ago
- Group wants parents to boycott Harvey Milk Day
- SAP looks to hire those with autism, Asperger's
- Historic Livermore light bulb briefly turns off
- Rankings released of best and worst airlines
- abcnews: Hero teacher covered students with body
- roundup: Boy nearly run-over; Oklahoma aid
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Obama to visit tornado-ravaged Oklahoma town
29 min ago