Vets in China solve panda's medical mystery
CHINA (KGO) -- A 12-year-old panda is feeling much better after vets in China solved a medical mystery.
The panda was taken to a hospital after he was found vomiting. The medical team performed six different types of exams on the animal to try to figure out what was wrong.
The team finally conducted a gastroscopy and found the panda had some steamed cornbread lodged in its esophagus.
Needless to stay, the panda started feeling much better once the cornbread was removed and is now back at a nature reserve.
animal, animals in peril, medical research, china, watercooler
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Stockton port officials happy to receive Google barge
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Isaiah Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday