Baby reaches out from womb, holds doctor's finger
PHOENIX, Ariz. (KGO) -- An amazing photo that's gone viral on the web wasn't taken by a pro or an adventure seeker, but a proud father.
The picture shows baby Neveah Atkins reaching out of her mother's womb, holding the finger of the doctor performing a cesarean section.
It was taken by the newborn's dad, who hadn't noticed the breathtaking moment.
"The doctor called me over and said, 'hey, she's grabbing my finger,' so I ran over there and just grabbed the shot, and I was just in awe looking at it, it was such an amazing picture," father Randy Atkins said.
The Phoenix, Arizona couple took the picture in October but hesitated sharing it because they thought they would get negative comments.
While doctors say it's not common, they note that it's not unheard of for a newborn to reach out during a delivery.
children, pregnancy, parenting, watercooler
- SF firefighters continue to monitor 5-alarm fire 53 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
35 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos