Firefighters rescue deer stuck on frozen lake
About a dozen firefighters teamed up to rescue a deer which got stuck on top of a frozen lake near Boston.
The deer struggled to stand up on the ice in Waltham, Mass. Two rescuers reached the deer using a special sled. They restrained the deer and placed it on a stretcher for a ride back to shore.
Crews on the banks pulled ropes until the sled reached land. Animal control officials then put the deer in a crate so it could be checked out by a veterinarian.
animal, rescue, watercooler
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- 6 Nepalese guides dead, 9 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Student with Down syndrome accepted to college
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- All 29 defendants in corruption case appear in court
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos