Firefighters rescue deer stuck on frozen lake
About a dozen firefighters teamed up to rescue a deer which got stuck on top of a frozen lake near Boston.
The deer struggled to stand up on the ice in Waltham, Mass. Two rescuers reached the deer using a special sled. They restrained the deer and placed it on a stretcher for a ride back to shore.
Crews on the banks pulled ropes until the sled reached land. Animal control officials then put the deer in a crate so it could be checked out by a veterinarian.
animal, rescue, watercooler
- President Obama renews calls for nuclear reductions
- BART police chief bringing auditor to assess reforms 43 min ago
- Fairfield grass fire spreads to nearby motel
- Tenderloin apartment building roof fire extinguished
- Tesla Model S recall for rear seat latch issue 34 min ago
- Interest rates for subsidized loans may double July 1
- Workers face charges after sit-in at AT&T Park 38 min ago
- Medical association recognizes obesity as a disease 45 min ago
- Police enforcing pedestrian safety in San Mateo Co. 21 min ago
- 6-year-old boy killed by dog in Union City
- Miami Heat force Game 7 in NBA Finals
- abcnews: $73,000 'Most Spectacular' dog vacation
- roundup: Fairfield grass fire; SJ baseball suit
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday