Labradoodle mistaken for lion
A dog groomed to look like a lion is fast becoming a sensation. Charlie the labradoodle came to the attention of authorities in Norfolk, Virginia, after they were swamped with 911 calls.
People saw Charlie walking around and thought a lion had escaped from the zoo!
His owner groomed him to look like a lion so he could be an unofficial mascot at nearby Old Dominion University.
His owner says Charlie often catches people by surprise.
"I've seen them literally dive through the window to get in the car thinking a lion is after them," Charlie's owner said.
- BART train brake problem prompts evacuations
- Bail for suspect in PS4 robbery in SF set at $5M
- Bay Area wakes up to frost as cold snap hits
- Crews call for reinforcements to find missing family
- Newtown 911 calls show calm response to shooting
- Obama, in speech, to focus on income disparities
- Broadband in schools gets boost from tech gurus
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Milpitas police investigate possible kidnapping
- Sketch released of suspect in violent robberies
- Autopsy: Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash
- abcnews: Harmful contaminants in marijuana?
- roundup: Murder trial; Bank robbery arrest
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday