Labradoodle mistaken for lion
A dog groomed to look like a lion is fast becoming a sensation. Charlie the labradoodle came to the attention of authorities in Norfolk, Virginia, after they were swamped with 911 calls.
People saw Charlie walking around and thought a lion had escaped from the zoo!
His owner groomed him to look like a lion so he could be an unofficial mascot at nearby Old Dominion University.
His owner says Charlie often catches people by surprise.
"I've seen them literally dive through the window to get in the car thinking a lion is after them," Charlie's owner said.
- Former church worker arrested for credit card fraud 19 min ago
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District 1 min ago
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports 4 min ago
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Consumer Reports cracks which eggs to buy
- 7 On Your Side helps man waiting for gem ring
- FREE STUFF: Cheese; Water Exercise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Berkeley fire estimate; Mount Tam body
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District
1 min ago