Labradoodle mistaken for lion
A dog groomed to look like a lion is fast becoming a sensation. Charlie the labradoodle came to the attention of authorities in Norfolk, Virginia, after they were swamped with 911 calls.
People saw Charlie walking around and thought a lion had escaped from the zoo!
His owner groomed him to look like a lion so he could be an unofficial mascot at nearby Old Dominion University.
His owner says Charlie often catches people by surprise.
"I've seen them literally dive through the window to get in the car thinking a lion is after them," Charlie's owner said.
- Secret Service investigating big Target data breach 53 min ago
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- SUV crashes into gas station in Oakland 28 min ago
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos