Orangutan chooses 49ers to win the Super Bowl
FRESNO, Calif. (KGO) -- A female orangutan and Super Bowl clairvoyant is officially a member of the 49er Faithful.
Each year the primate at Fresno's Chaffee Zoo is given a choice of boxes with Super Bowl team blankets inside.
This year there was one for the 49ers and one for the Baltimore Ravens.
The 25-year-old new mom picked the 49ers blanket out of the box within a few seconds. She didn't even bother opening the box with the Ravens blanket inside!
But beware Niners fans -- her Super Bowl picks have been correct 50 percent of the time.
fresno, animal, san francisco 49ers, nfl, nfl playoffs, super bowl, watercooler
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- US approves California's new K-12 testing plan 12 min ago
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Fire that injured 2 under investigation in SJ
- Lockdown lifted at Monterey Peninsula College
- Blind man survives getting run over by train
- Water pours from top of San Francisco high-rise
- Danville teen killed in Highway 24 crash identified
- Lonely Michigan boy gets surprise party on GMA
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday