Orangutan chooses 49ers to win the Super Bowl
FRESNO, Calif. (KGO) -- A female orangutan and Super Bowl clairvoyant is officially a member of the 49er Faithful.
Each year the primate at Fresno's Chaffee Zoo is given a choice of boxes with Super Bowl team blankets inside.
This year there was one for the 49ers and one for the Baltimore Ravens.
The 25-year-old new mom picked the 49ers blanket out of the box within a few seconds. She didn't even bother opening the box with the Ravens blanket inside!
But beware Niners fans -- her Super Bowl picks have been correct 50 percent of the time.
fresno, animal, san francisco 49ers, nfl, nfl playoffs, super bowl, watercooler
- Freeze Warning in effect for most of Bay Area
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- Facebook considers adding "sympathize" button
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders
- Family asks for help in finding SF hit-and-run driver
- Man falls asleep on flight, wakes up in empty plane
- Winter Spare the Air called for today 38 min ago
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
40 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos