Orangutan chooses 49ers to win the Super Bowl
FRESNO, Calif. (KGO) -- A female orangutan and Super Bowl clairvoyant is officially a member of the 49er Faithful.
Each year the primate at Fresno's Chaffee Zoo is given a choice of boxes with Super Bowl team blankets inside.
This year there was one for the 49ers and one for the Baltimore Ravens.
The 25-year-old new mom picked the 49ers blanket out of the box within a few seconds. She didn't even bother opening the box with the Ravens blanket inside!
But beware Niners fans -- her Super Bowl picks have been correct 50 percent of the time.
fresno, animal, san francisco 49ers, nfl, nfl playoffs, super bowl, watercooler
- Work to begin to replace bolts on new Bay Bridge
- Obama to address drones, Gitmo in security speech
- Man impaled, killed by pipe through windshield
- Officials: All accounted for after Oklahoma tornado
- Bicyclist fatally struck by vehicle in Inner Mission 52 min ago
- SamTrans bus hits low hanging wire in San Mateo
- Man escapes early morning house fire in Pinole
- San Jose firefighters control 1-alarm house fire
- Safety recommendations released for America's Cup
- 'Attractive & Fat' campaign slams Abercrombie & Fitch
- Man makes firearm using 3-D printer
- abcnews: Top 10 highest-paid CEOs
- roundup: Crissy Field art; Richmond shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
20 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos