Teen with six fingers masters piano playing
OGDEN, Utah (KGO) -- A 16-year-old musician has become an inspiration to others, refusing to let a disability to stand in the way of his dreams.
Landon Weeks of Ogden, Utah was born with only six fingers. But that hasn't stopped him from fulfilling his dreams of becoming a piano player.
"It just comes to me, I guess," Weeks said. "Cause when I started playing it I just fell in love and just got easier."
The teen wanted to learn how to play after watching his brothers.
His mom says teachers were hesitant to take him on, but they finally found one who did.
Weeks now shares his piano talents at different schools, inspiring kids to never give up on their dreams.
And now a local music producer is teaming up with him to create a music video.
music, disability, watercooler
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Stockton port officials happy to receive Google barge
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Isaiah Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Astronauts discuss impact of social media in space
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday