Mom may go to jail because toddler keeps dialing 911
It's always good to teach your children to call 911 in case of an emergency. However, as one mother learned, it's also important to teach them not to call 911 without good reason.
One mom is now facing possible jail time because her 1-year-old daughter apparently thinks it's fun to punch numbers on the phone.
The little girl dialed 911 seven times in one day while her mother was out of the room. The mom had locked the phone, but you can still make emergency calls on a locked phone.
Dispatchers said they received nine other calls from the phone since January. The mother was cited for abusing 911. If convicted, she'd face a possible $6,000 fine plus a year in jail.
- Four people in the South Bay die due to cold weather
- Cal students led move toward divestment
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- Local schools race to keep up with technology 53 min ago
- North Korea deports elderly Palo Alto man
- Man suspected of throwing 2 cats into bay arrested
- Make-A-Wish, Macy's team up to help Daly City girl
- New option studied for treating back pain
- SF man calls 7 On Your Side to help in luggage mixup
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- GET FREE STUFF: Dog bow tie; makeup
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Teen struck in crosswalk; EPA shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
37 min ago