Mom may go to jail because toddler keeps dialing 911
It's always good to teach your children to call 911 in case of an emergency. However, as one mother learned, it's also important to teach them not to call 911 without good reason.
One mom is now facing possible jail time because her 1-year-old daughter apparently thinks it's fun to punch numbers on the phone.
The little girl dialed 911 seven times in one day while her mother was out of the room. The mom had locked the phone, but you can still make emergency calls on a locked phone.
Dispatchers said they received nine other calls from the phone since January. The mother was cited for abusing 911. If convicted, she'd face a possible $6,000 fine plus a year in jail.
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76 58 min ago
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting 32 min ago
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday