Toddler already hitting the slopes on snowboard
Some parents love to get their kids started in sports early, but an Oregon family is taking it to the extreme. Eden Grace Covaciu is only 23 months old and she's already barreling down the bunny slope on a snowboard.
She's been doing runs with her folks since she was just 6 weeks old.
Her mom says Eden loves it.
"We wake up at 5:30 and get her out of bed and as soon as we mention snow she's all excited about it and she knows we're going to the mountains," Sharon Covaciu said.
Eden's got her own gear and loves to wear it around the house. She'll soon have some sibling company on the slopes; her 5-month-old sister will be joining her as soon as she's old enough.
children, snow, watercooler
- Deputy saves man from fiery crash in Oakland 4 min ago
- DEA wages war on synthetic drugs sold on Internet
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments 40 min ago
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
41 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos