Panda cub experiences first snow day at SD Zoo
SAN DIEGO, Calif. (KGO) -- The pandas at the San Diego Zoo had a snow day Tuesday.
Eight-month old cub Xiao Liwu didn't seem to enjoy it very much, spending a lot of time trying to climb on top of his mom to get off the snow.
Xiao Liwu, which translates in English to "Little Gift," made his public debut at the zoo in January. San Diego is one of four zoos in the U.S. to participate in the panda loan program with China.
Only around 1,600 pandas are believed to be left in the wild in China, in part because of deforestation and the expansion of farming.
animal, endangered species, china, snow, watercooler
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: Dark side of green lighting 4 min ago
- Stockton port officials happy to receive Google barge
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Isaiah Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday