Panda cub experiences first snow day at SD Zoo
SAN DIEGO, Calif. (KGO) -- The pandas at the San Diego Zoo had a snow day Tuesday.
Eight-month old cub Xiao Liwu didn't seem to enjoy it very much, spending a lot of time trying to climb on top of his mom to get off the snow.
Xiao Liwu, which translates in English to "Little Gift," made his public debut at the zoo in January. San Diego is one of four zoos in the U.S. to participate in the panda loan program with China.
Only around 1,600 pandas are believed to be left in the wild in China, in part because of deforestation and the expansion of farming.
animal, endangered species, china, snow, watercooler
- Two dead after apartment building fire in SF
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station
- Teen girl found in Berkeley says she was kidnapped
- Local teen gets Bryan Cranston's help in promposal
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Woman struck by cab in downtown San Francisco
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- Florida school board member wants parent dress code
- SF leaders to announce plan to deal with "420" events
- Woman attempting run from San Francisco to New York
- California home prices surge in March; sales fall
- VIRAL VIDEO: "World's toughest job" interview
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos