Terrier mix serves as blind Husky's seeing-eye dog
SAN BERNADINO, Calif. (KGO) -- Two dogs found wandering the streets of San Bernardino share an inseparable bond; one is blind, the other is his guide.
Animal welfare workers say Isaac is a blind Husky. And Isabella, a small Terrier mix, serves not only as his friend, but also as his seeing-eye dog.
"It's just really remarkable how she's always trying to be aware of where Isaac's at and if he's not right behind her, she'll stop and wait for him to catch up with her. It's really, really funny and just, like I've never seen anything like it before," said Lindsey Riggins with the Hermosa Animal Hospital.
The pair had been scheduled to be euthanized, but animal rescue group The Stand Foundation has stepped up to help find someone who can give both Isaac and Isabella a home together.
southern california, animal, animals in peril, watercooler
- Police make arrest in Daly City shooting
- Relative talks about stowaway teen's struggles
- Stanford patient denied liver due to medical marijuana
- Oakland A's reject 10-year Coliseum lease offer
- Scientists locate 19th century steamship in SF Bay
- Apple increases stock buyback, will split stock
- State senators get ethics training after scandals
- Prosecutors lay out evidence against Supervisor Carrillo
- Man punches neighbor whose house caught on fire
- Tentative deal reached in TSA breast-milk lawsuit
- Six Flags welcoms first seal pup born at park in 8 years
- 7OYS helps woman get refund from alumni company
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan