Terrier mix serves as blind Husky's seeing-eye dog
SAN BERNADINO, Calif. (KGO) -- Two dogs found wandering the streets of San Bernardino share an inseparable bond; one is blind, the other is his guide.
Animal welfare workers say Isaac is a blind Husky. And Isabella, a small Terrier mix, serves not only as his friend, but also as his seeing-eye dog.
"It's just really remarkable how she's always trying to be aware of where Isaac's at and if he's not right behind her, she'll stop and wait for him to catch up with her. It's really, really funny and just, like I've never seen anything like it before," said Lindsey Riggins with the Hermosa Animal Hospital.
The pair had been scheduled to be euthanized, but animal rescue group The Stand Foundation has stepped up to help find someone who can give both Isaac and Isabella a home together.
southern california, animal, animals in peril, watercooler
- Only On 7: In-depth look into the life of drug dealers
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash
- Police interview potential victims of Livermore golf pro
- Budget approved but no peace: Boehner raps right
- VIRAL VIDEO: Teen sings 'Blue Christmas'...
- Arrests made in "thrill kill" of 7-11 clerk in Milpitas
- Startup sells insurance based on how much you drive
- Tracking the flu -- there's an app for that!
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART, unions 17 min ago
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- roundup: High-speed chase; Vallejo homicides
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART,...
17 min ago