Arkansas man stages fake knife attack to impress date
JONESBORO, Ark. (KGO) -- To anyone out there who thinks they've been on the world's worst date, you have to hear what happened to a woman in Arkansas.
Brianne Coots says her date with Tyler Siegel started out fine. They went for a walk in the woods. But at some point they heard a rustling in the bushes and a man jumped out at them with a large knife. Coots says she immediately took off running, went over a cliff, and called 911.
When police arrived, Siegel emerged from the woods with cuts on his arm and chest. Police say the wounds were suspiciously shallow. During questioning, Siegel admitted he staged the attack so he could rescue and impress his date.
Guess what? Coots was not impressed.
"I could have easily broken something going off of that cliff," Coots said. "So I was definitely very upset. If you want to impress somebody, impress them with the good stuff you can do, I mean you could buy people flowers, have a good job, have a good education."
Police say they've decided to not charge Siegel with a crime since he admitted to being behind the fake attack.
crime, violence, watercooler
- Deputy saves man from fiery crash in Oakland 27 min ago
- DEA wages war on synthetic drugs sold on Internet
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
21 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos