Cat comes to rescue of small dog being attacked
You've heard the saying, "fighting like cats and dogs," but in Toledo, Ohio, a cat is being praised for saving a dog's life.
On Monday, a big dog attacked Izzy, a terrier mix, after the smaller dog wandered away from her backyard.
The big dog had Izzy in its mouth and had punctured her abdomen. That's when Sammy the cat sprang into action and saved Izzy's life.
"The big dog saw the cat, dropped Izzy, took off after the cat," veterinarian Kittsen McCumber said. "The family was able to pick up Izzy to bring her in here. The cat got away safely up a tree and literally saved this dog's life."
Izzy's medical team believes she will make a full recovery from her very serious injuries.
animal, animals in peril, dog attack, watercooler
- Four in the South Bay die due to cold weather 4 min ago
- World mourns death of Nelson Mandela
- Audit finds BART police make progress in reforms
- Shelter-in-place advisory lifted for Pittsburg residents
- Apple wants Samsung to pay $22M for legal bills
- Security guard captures driver who hit cop
- Judge refuses to block AA, US Airways merger
- Holiday Heroes event to help children in need
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- Banksy mural fetches $209K at California auction
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: 5 unexpected facts about Nelson Mandela
- roundup: Teen struck in crosswalk; EPA shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos