Cat comes to rescue of small dog being attacked
You've heard the saying, "fighting like cats and dogs," but in Toledo, Ohio, a cat is being praised for saving a dog's life.
On Monday, a big dog attacked Izzy, a terrier mix, after the smaller dog wandered away from her backyard.
The big dog had Izzy in its mouth and had punctured her abdomen. That's when Sammy the cat sprang into action and saved Izzy's life.
"The big dog saw the cat, dropped Izzy, took off after the cat," veterinarian Kittsen McCumber said. "The family was able to pick up Izzy to bring her in here. The cat got away safely up a tree and literally saved this dog's life."
Izzy's medical team believes she will make a full recovery from her very serious injuries.
animal, animals in peril, dog attack, watercooler
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Surfer rescued; Fatal Oakland crash