Families expect to spend $1,100 on prom this year
Prom season is here, so let the spending begin. A survey by Visa finds on average, families expect to spend $1,100 on prom this year.
That's only a slight increase from last year, but almost 40 percent from two years ago.
Families in the northeast expect to pay the most, with Midwestern families spending the least.
The survey found parents will foot about 60 percent of the bill.
Visa surveyed more than 1,000 parents of prom-aged teens for the study.
children, parenting, watercooler
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case