Families expect to spend $1,100 on prom this year
Prom season is here, so let the spending begin. A survey by Visa finds on average, families expect to spend $1,100 on prom this year.
That's only a slight increase from last year, but almost 40 percent from two years ago.
Families in the northeast expect to pay the most, with Midwestern families spending the least.
The survey found parents will foot about 60 percent of the bill.
Visa surveyed more than 1,000 parents of prom-aged teens for the study.
children, parenting, watercooler
- 2 NYC buildings collapse in explosion, 2 dead
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos