Pudgy pup once tipped scales at 77 lbs, loses 40 pounds
A pudgy pup in Portland, Oregon is on the final leg of his incredible weight loss journey.
Last August, Obie the dachshund tipped the scales at a whopping 77 pounds. The poor pooch could barely walk.
Obie now is 40 pounds lighter, and resting up after a tummy tuck Tuesday that took off two pounds of loose skin.
"He's always had the personality where you can really tell he wants to interact and he wants to get around, so now that he can it's pretty exciting," Obie's owner Nora Vanetta said. "He's just getting to be a dog."
Vets say Obie will need several weeks to fully recover, and, he's still losing weight. His owner plans to get him down to 28 pounds, nearly 50 pounds lighter than he was last summer.
animal, animals in peril, obesity, weight loss, watercooler
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in wife's death
- Memorial bench to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- CA Republican Party holds convention in Burlingame
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- Dad accused of biting infant's nose to be arraigned
- Fundraiser for victims of Indonesia volcano eruption
- Thieves steal gas station ATM in Sonoma County
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Over $7,000 raised for police dog battling cancer
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos