Pudgy pup once tipped scales at 77 lbs, loses 40 pounds
A pudgy pup in Portland, Oregon is on the final leg of his incredible weight loss journey.
Last August, Obie the dachshund tipped the scales at a whopping 77 pounds. The poor pooch could barely walk.
Obie now is 40 pounds lighter, and resting up after a tummy tuck Tuesday that took off two pounds of loose skin.
"He's always had the personality where you can really tell he wants to interact and he wants to get around, so now that he can it's pretty exciting," Obie's owner Nora Vanetta said. "He's just getting to be a dog."
Vets say Obie will need several weeks to fully recover, and, he's still losing weight. His owner plans to get him down to 28 pounds, nearly 50 pounds lighter than he was last summer.
animal, animals in peril, obesity, weight loss, watercooler
- South African leader Nelson Mandela has died
- Audit finds BART police make progress in reforms
- Teen found murdered in 1994 ID'd as Pacifica girl
- Third day ends without finding missing SJ CEO
- Shelter-in-place advisory lifted for Pittsburg residents 17 min ago
- Statewide AMBER Alert for Washington girl
- Bay Area bundles up as frigid weather continues 12 min ago
- Cal signs $18M deal for naming rights at stadium
- Batkid returning to SF for fundraising walk
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for wage hikes
- FBI seeks 'Sports Cap Bandit' bank robbery suspect
- abcnews: Who's getting early Oscar buzz?
- roundup: Batkid back in SF; Fremont burglar
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Cold snap causes pipes to burst at Marin...
28 min ago