Helen Mirren steps in for Queen to help grant dying boy's wish
Actress Helen Mirren helped grant the dying wish of a British boy who wanted more than anything to visit Buckingham Palace and have tea with the queen.
Queen Elizabeth was booked, so Mirren revised her role as Queen in the play "The Audience."
Photos posted on the OLLIE X One Little Life Inspires Everyone Facebook page show Mirren and Oliver Burton having tea. The actress even knighted the 10-year-old.
Oliver has Down syndrome and was diagnosed with terminal cancer.
His parents say Oliver believes he met the real Queen and it was a magical day for him.
london, celebrity, facebook, cancer, watercooler
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF 43 min ago
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro 30 min ago
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Chavez gets 1st win, A's complete sweep of Astros
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Pope Francis prays for peace at Easter service
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday 17 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
10 min ago
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration...
43 min ago