Helen Mirren steps in for Queen to help grant dying boy's wish
Actress Helen Mirren helped grant the dying wish of a British boy who wanted more than anything to visit Buckingham Palace and have tea with the queen.
Queen Elizabeth was booked, so Mirren revised her role as Queen in the play "The Audience."
Photos posted on the OLLIE X One Little Life Inspires Everyone Facebook page show Mirren and Oliver Burton having tea. The actress even knighted the 10-year-old.
Oliver has Down syndrome and was diagnosed with terminal cancer.
His parents say Oliver believes he met the real Queen and it was a magical day for him.
london, celebrity, facebook, cancer, watercooler
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire