Helen Mirren steps in for Queen to help grant dying boy's wish
Actress Helen Mirren helped grant the dying wish of a British boy who wanted more than anything to visit Buckingham Palace and have tea with the queen.
Queen Elizabeth was booked, so Mirren revised her role as Queen in the play "The Audience."
Photos posted on the OLLIE X One Little Life Inspires Everyone Facebook page show Mirren and Oliver Burton having tea. The actress even knighted the 10-year-old.
Oliver has Down syndrome and was diagnosed with terminal cancer.
His parents say Oliver believes he met the real Queen and it was a magical day for him.
london, celebrity, facebook, cancer, watercooler
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Man arrested in deadly fight at Antioch bowling alley
- US holiday travelers brace for foul, wet weather
- Vault fire in SF's Mission District now under control
- Neighbors: Nevada gunman had botched vasectomy 11 min ago
- Two injured in shooting near San Jose State University
- Ex-49er Harris sentenced in boyfriend's beating
- Massage therapist faces sexual battery charges
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Photos: FAN PHOTOS: Farewell Candlestick
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday