Man creates ring for fiancée that lights up when he's near
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- One Bay Area man has a new way to show his sweetheart that she really lights up his life. He created a special engagement ring for his fiancée that lights up when he's nearby.
Ben Kokes, a 36-year-old San Francisco engineer, spent five months perfecting the ring before finally giving it to his fiancée Julie.
She was so excited that she didn't even let him finish his proposal speech.
Kokes has to wear a transmitter armband to make the LED ring light up, but he says it can be tucked under his jacket.
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires
- Two hospitalized after acid spill at Tesoro refinery 39 min ago
- Investigators to speak with shot San Francisco officer
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting 45 min ago
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- State senator to introduce utility security legislation
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- Stolen EBMUD truck found in Castro Valley
- Barry Bonds back in Giants uniform as camp coach 3 min ago
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Surfer rescued; Fatal Oakland crash
- Campaign looks to end use of 'bossy' with...
54 min ago