Pregnant elephant does prenatal Pilates
Expectant mothers know how tough it can be to keep up with workouts. But Rozie, the pregnant Asian elephant at the Albuquerque Zoo, can be an inspiration.
Rozie is doing her Pilates regime ordered by zoo vets as a way to strengthen her leg muscles to get them more flexible for labor. Part of the routine involves rolling on her side, lying down on command and doing leg-lifts. It's the equivalent of elephant yoga.
Rozie is due sometime between August and November.
- Search for missing jetliner now includes 25 countries 17 min ago
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in wife's death 32 min ago
- Memorial bench to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- CA Republican Party holds convention in Burlingame
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- Dad accused of biting infant's nose to be arraigned
- Fundraiser for victims of Indonesia volcano eruption
- Thieves steal gas station ATM in Sonoma County
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Over $7,000 raised for police dog battling cancer
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in...
32 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos