Pregnant elephant does prenatal Pilates
Expectant mothers know how tough it can be to keep up with workouts. But Rozie, the pregnant Asian elephant at the Albuquerque Zoo, can be an inspiration.
Rozie is doing her Pilates regime ordered by zoo vets as a way to strengthen her leg muscles to get them more flexible for labor. Part of the routine involves rolling on her side, lying down on command and doing leg-lifts. It's the equivalent of elephant yoga.
Rozie is due sometime between August and November.
- Fatal crash blocks lanes of I-580 in Livermore
- Antioch man arrested after wild, high-speed chase
- Record streak continues for Winter Spare the Air Alerts
- Consumer Reports puts AA batteries to the test
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART, unions
- San Jose fire crews battle one-alarm house fire
- 32 students participating in 'shop with a cop' event
- NYC college student dies during fraternity ritual
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- Vallejo police ID two most recent homicide victims 57 min ago
- Instagram launches direct messaging feature 23 min ago
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday 15 min ago
- roundup: Copper wiring theft; "Shop With a Cop" 36 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos