Killer whale, fisherman fight over halibut in Alaska
A killer whale gave a fisherman quite a shock off the coast of Alaska as he was reeling in a hefty halibut.
The orca didn't get the fish, initially.
But instead of pulling it away to save his catch, the fisherman left it in the water so he and his buddies could get a better look at the big mammal.
animal, animals in peril, watercooler
- Wounded police officer back in surgery
- Amber Alert canceled for child from Long Beach
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Drought prompts officials to release water in Delta
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire