Killer whale, fisherman fight over halibut in Alaska
A killer whale gave a fisherman quite a shock off the coast of Alaska as he was reeling in a hefty halibut.
The orca didn't get the fish, initially.
But instead of pulling it away to save his catch, the fisherman left it in the water so he and his buddies could get a better look at the big mammal.
animal, animals in peril, watercooler
- Water main break floods Castro Valley neighborhood
- Four people in the South Bay die due to cold weather
- North Korea deports elderly Palo Alto man
- Cal students led move toward divestment
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- Local schools race to keep up with technology
- Man suspected of throwing 2 cats into bay arrested
- Make-A-Wish, Macy's team up to help Daly City girl
- New option studied for treating back pain
- SF man calls 7 On Your Side to help in luggage mixup
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Teen struck in crosswalk; EPA shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday