Cat nurses orphaned pit bull puppy in Ohio
CLEVELAND -- A cat caring for four newborn kittens is nursing an orphaned week-old pit bull puppy in Cleveland.
Sharon Harvey of the Cleveland Animal Protective League said Wednesday that Lurlene the cat welcomed Noland the puppy to her "unusual little family." The puppy was dropped off at the animal shelter last week when he was a day old.
The staff decided to place Noland with the nursing cat and her litter because bottle feeding doesn't always work.
The puppy will grow faster, so the shelter says it may have to come up with another feeding idea in several weeks until Noland is ready for adoption.
animal, animals in peril, watercooler
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Man arrested in deadly fight at Antioch bowling alley 2 min ago
- St. Anthony's holds annual Curbside Donation Drive
- Two injured in shooting near San Jose State University 38 min ago
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Ex-49er Harris sentenced in boyfriend's beating 13 min ago
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Fresno police seek suspects in teacher's shooting 18 min ago
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday