Graduation "cat cake" goes viral after baker's mistake
A recent Indiana University graduate had a celebration she won't forget, thanks to a baker's mistake.
Carol Gambrell wanted her daughter's picture on the top of the cake, with a graduation "cap" on her head.
The bakery, however, didn't hear the word "cap" they heard "cat." That's why a cat ended up on daughter Laura's head.
"This is a one of a kind cake," Carol said. "It's not just a boring kind with a graduation hat. Some of the comments we saw on the internet said the cake is 10 times better with a cat on it and I thought well I have to agree with them."
The bakery offered to scrape off the cat and put on a cap. But the family, thinking the mistake was too funny, declined their offer.
The family posted the picture on Facebook and, as you might imagine, it went viral.
food, facebook, websites, social media, internet, watercooler
- Wounded police officer back in surgery
- Amber Alert canceled for child from Long Beach
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Drought prompts officials to release water in Delta
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap 56 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire
- Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
28 min ago