Dog rescued after getting stuck in car engine compartment
Somehow, a dog in Florida got himself stuck between a car's steering mechanism and the axle.
The car travelled across three cities before the driver pulled over after hearing the dog whimpering from under the hood.
Rescuers detached the wheel and gently freed the animal.
"It was like the Indy 500 pit crew out there," Mike Jachles said. "They had the wheel off the PT Cruiser, they were working gingerly to rescue the dog that was trapped up in there."
Amazingly, the puppy was not seriously hurt. He was taken to a veterinarian for a check-up. Rescuers are still trying to figure out who the dog belongs to.
animal, animals in peril, rescue, watercooler
- Plane's disappearance result of "deliberate action"
- CCSF protestors make voices heard at City Hall
- Investigators finally getting look at Mission Bay fire
- I-TEAM: Small park, big problems
- Death of woman found in home considered homicide
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers
- Costco recalls cases of freeze-dried fruit
- Crews busy dismantling old span of the Bay Bridge
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Group says GM airbag failures caused 303 deaths
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: AltCar Expo; Motorcyclist killed
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos