Dog rescued after getting stuck in car engine compartment
Somehow, a dog in Florida got himself stuck between a car's steering mechanism and the axle.
The car travelled across three cities before the driver pulled over after hearing the dog whimpering from under the hood.
Rescuers detached the wheel and gently freed the animal.
"It was like the Indy 500 pit crew out there," Mike Jachles said. "They had the wheel off the PT Cruiser, they were working gingerly to rescue the dog that was trapped up in there."
Amazingly, the puppy was not seriously hurt. He was taken to a veterinarian for a check-up. Rescuers are still trying to figure out who the dog belongs to.
animal, animals in peril, rescue, watercooler
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- San Jose man charged in two violent sexual assaults
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate 9 min ago
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos