Couple weds aboard Great America roller coaster
SANTA CLARA, Calif. (KGO) -- A couple wanting to fully embrace the ups and downs of marriage tied the knot in a unique fashion in Santa Clara Thursday.
The bride and groom, both from Southern California, said 'I do' on the Gold Striker roller coaster at California's Great America.
"We wanted to be different than everybody else; we wanted to do our thing our way and we enjoy roller coasters and that's what we did," groom Michael Bush said.
Michael and wife Susan planned to celebrate their newlywed status by going on rides all day. They said they chose Great America for the ceremony because park officials said yes to their request.
santa clara, weddings, great america, watercooler
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- San Francisco officer injured in crash after pursuit
- Confirmed death toll in ferry disaster climbs to 36
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Crews search for person after boat accident in Brentwood
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3 17 min ago
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz 55 min ago
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke 43 min ago
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday