Little girl saves choking mom by calling 911
A 5-year-old girl in New Jersey helped save her mother's life by calling 911.
Chloe Olsen knew just what to do when her mom started choking on a tortilla chip.
She picked up the phone and called 911, but she thought she was calling someone else -- her dad.
Chloe: "Daddy, mommy's choking."
Operator: "She's choking?"
Chloe: "Yes, she can't talk right now."
Operator: "OK, can you open the front door and I'll get help over to you?"
Operator: "OK, open the front door and we'll be right there."
Chloe: "Love you, bye."
Chloe thought she was talking to her dad because her mom had just been on the phone with him.
Chloe's mom is OK.
The local police department says Chloe may be in line for an award.
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case