Snail facials becoming salon craze in Japan
JAPAN (KGO) -- The latest craze for younger looking skin may make your skin crawl.
The new fad facial slithering into Japanese salons involves snails crawling all over customers' faces.
The salons claim they make human skin look younger. One salon says the secret is in the snail's mucus which contains proteins and anti-oxidants.
Snail mucus in beauty treatments isn't new. Lotions and creams containing snails have grown in popularity in recent years.
For a 60-minute treatment, customers have to shell out $250.
medical research, watercooler
- 6.9 quake rattles off the Northern California coast 35 min ago
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires 10 min ago
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos