Snail facials becoming salon craze in Japan
JAPAN (KGO) -- The latest craze for younger looking skin may make your skin crawl.
The new fad facial slithering into Japanese salons involves snails crawling all over customers' faces.
The salons claim they make human skin look younger. One salon says the secret is in the snail's mucus which contains proteins and anti-oxidants.
Snail mucus in beauty treatments isn't new. Lotions and creams containing snails have grown in popularity in recent years.
For a 60-minute treatment, customers have to shell out $250.
medical research, watercooler
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Posey, Lincecum lead San Francisco Giants to 4-3 win
- Chavez gets 1st win, A's complete sweep of Astros
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday