Study: Mosquitos attracted to people who drink beer
A new study reveals there may be a connection between bug bites and beer.
Smithsonian Magazine reports mosquitoes are significantly more attracted to people who have had as little as one beer.
It's still a mystery why beer attracts mosquitoes, but researchers think it may have to do with the amount of ethanol in sweat or the fact that alcohol raises body temperature.
If you're constantly getting bit, cutting back on beer may not do much to help.
Scientists say about 20 percent of the population is just more tasty to mosquitoes.
study, alcohol, watercooler
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Stockton port officials happy to receive Google barge
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Isaiah Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday