Dog famous for floating in lake with owner passes away
Schoep, the German Shepherd mix who became famous last year when images of him and his owner floating together in Lake Superior went viral, died Wednesday.
Schoep's owner, John Unger, posted on the pairs Facebook page Thursday, "I Breathe But I Can't Catch My Breath...Schoep passed yesterday. More information in the days ahead."
Unger would take Schoep out to float in Lake Superior to help relieve the 20-year-old dog's arthritis.
- Bay Area braces for coldest night of the cold snap
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Harding makes 37 saves, Wild beat Sharks 3-1
- Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders
- Family asks for help in finding SF hit-and-run driver
- Man falls asleep on flight, wakes up in empty plane
- Winter Spare the Air called for Sunday and Monday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos