Dog famous for floating in lake with owner passes away
Schoep, the German Shepherd mix who became famous last year when images of him and his owner floating together in Lake Superior went viral, died Wednesday.
Schoep's owner, John Unger, posted on the pairs Facebook page Thursday, "I Breathe But I Can't Catch My Breath...Schoep passed yesterday. More information in the days ahead."
Unger would take Schoep out to float in Lake Superior to help relieve the 20-year-old dog's arthritis.
- Malaysia says jet's disappearance was deliberate
- Woman found dead in Castro Valley home was shot 32 min ago
- CCSF protestors make voices heard at City Hall
- Investigators finally getting look at Mission Bay fire
- Man fatally stuck by Caltrain near Atherton station 6 min ago
- Police arrest woman in connection with shooting
- Crews control one-alarm house fire in Antioch 25 min ago
- I-TEAM: Small park, big problems
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers
- Costco recalls cases of freeze-dried fruit
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: AltCar Expo; Motorcyclist killed
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos