4-year-old mayor is re-elected in northern Minn.
DORSET, Minn. -- A 4-year-old has been re-elected as mayor of the tiny tourist town of Dorset in northern Minnesota.
Robert "Bobby" Tufts' name was picked Sunday during the annual Taste of Dorset festival.
Bobby was only 3 when he won election last year as mayor of Dorset (population 22 to 28, depending on whether the minister and his family are in town).
His mother, Emma Tufts, said she and her son got choked up when his name was pulled for re-election Sunday.
Emma Tufts said her son plans to raise money for the Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Red River Valley in Fargo, N.D., and a new welcome sign for Dorset, which has no formal city government.
They planned to eat dinner and then go fishing or have a bonfire to celebrate.
children, tourism, watercooler
- Frigid temperatures continue in the Bay Area 4 min ago
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- 7 LA sheriff's deputies arrested in jail probe
- South Africa names speakers for Mandela ceremony 11 min ago
- Judge to determine if Oikos shooter fit to stand trial 16 min ago
- Facebook considers adding "sympathize" button
- NTSB to highlight 'over-reliance' during Asiana hearings 25 min ago
- Winter Spare the Air called for today
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- South Africa names speakers for Mandela...
10 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos